Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuition amount transfer to parent

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email, say NO and say "speak with a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

chil_037

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  Says that $0 is eligible for transfer.  Clearly this is a software issues.  Seem like calling in for support is no help.  Will there be a software update to fixed this issues?

2023 taxes - my sons tuition says $0 maximum transfer too.  How do you fix this?

Any updates?

The issues are still there this season. How do we fix this

Please escalate intuit.  It is not working

Sorry as it appears you are not working on this problem with the multiple inquiries made here it is time to move to another product. I have used this for years but your responses here are not acceptable. It has been weeks since people posted this and no response or admittance there is an error- unacceptable 

i finally got this to work after many attempts.

Under claim dependent credits i selected "transfer my child's tuition and education amounts".

On the "tuition transfer amount" screen i entered the amount able to transfer from her taxes for federal and/or provincial (if you have the student's return it's on the Schedule 11, if not on the turbo tax it will show as the "leftover" amount on their return).  

Click Tuition Transfer button at the bottom of this screen.

The next screen WILL BE ZEROS unless the dependent chose to transfer less than the max allowable amount.

To double check that the tuition credit was applied i look under review, detailed tax summary and make sure the correct amount is showing in line 32400.  if you are filing with a partner the higher income earner will see the credit.

This was hands-down the trickiest part of doing the return this year and was def more complicated than past years.

I did all of this and the tuition transfer is not appearing.  I have read all of the posts over the past 4 weeks and I cannot believe Turbo Tax is not taking this issue seriously.  There is a glitch in their program.  Schedule 11 from 2022 differs from 2023 - they have obviously not linked the correct cells.  Extremely frustrating.

There has been updates to both TurboTax Online and TurboTax CD/Download. Can you please try again and see if the issue is still occurring. TurboTax Online users may need to clear their cache to see the changes. TurboTax CD/Download user need to make sure they have Build 7002.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax CD/Download