Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asherkaye

What am I paying for with TurboTax self-employed?

I've just paid for TurboTax self-employed, but I can't even file my tax because "the required forms are unavailable". There's no info on when the forms will become available. 

Also, what am I paying for with TurboTax self-employed? Is it really charging me $50 just to enter self-employment income? If so this sounds like a rip-off to me. 

4 Replies
marynicolewilson
Returning Member

What forms are unavailable? I tried filing my returns last night and the netfile option was unavailable, it was grey.  Didn't give me any error message or anything. I am using the Home and Business Desktop version. 

I did the free software on a competitor last night and it was no different than TT. Charging extra money when there's no advantage to their software is crazy to me.

Hello! The CRA made available to software developers the latest version of the business income forms (T2125/T776) this morning. We plan to make them available in the next version scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) if all goes well if not in the following days.

If you are not able to file and are seeing a message about locked forms, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? If you are using TurboTax Online, the T2125 and the T776 forms will be unlocked tonight. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download these forms will become available by Monday at the latest. We will update the FAQ as additional forms become available.

If you don’t have any of the forms on the list but you are still seeing this error message:

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure that your software is fully updated. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to update TurboTax CD/Download: How do I update TurboTax if I have the CD/download edition?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us