Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked forms

I would like to know when the forms will be unlocked. I am unable to file my return  Can you give a date for this to be resolved?

6 Replies

Locked forms

I'm also waiting, I was able to file my husbands return, but not mine...when will I be able to file my return???

Locked forms

Has Turbotax provided a reason? Or an update or the forms that are preventing netfiling?

Locked forms

Same here. I prepared a joint return with my spouse, and so his return has to be on TT self employed even though he doesn't need it. So, I can't file his either. 

Locked forms

If you are not able to file and are seeing a message about locked forms, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? We are working to have the forms unlocked by the end of next week, if not sooner. We will update the FAQ when each form becomes available.

If you don’t have any of the forms on the list but you are still seeing this error message:

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure that your software is fully updated. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to update TurboTax CD/Download: How do I update TurboTax if I have the CD/download edition?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

Locked forms

Thanks Turbotax. I filled yesterday.

Locked forms

Thank you for letting us know.

Fortunately, if you are using TurboTax Online and TurboTax CD/Download, many of the forms are now unlocked.

We understand this is an inconvenience and are working hard to finalize these forms in order to align ourselves with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requirements and include them in our updates.

Please keep verifying our TurboTax FAQ Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? as we will keep updating this as the forms are unlocked.

Thank you.