Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I attempted to file my tax return via Netfile, I received a notice that "CRA was unable to accept" the file. WHY??

12 Replies

When I attempted to file my tax return via Netfile, I received a notice that "CRA was unable to accept" the file. WHY??

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)'s NETFILE service goes down for maintenance overnight for about 3 hours. The time of the outage varies depending on your time zone. You can get more information from this CRA page: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview/...

If you’re still having problems when filing when NETFILE is open, please post the exact message you're receiving when trying to submit your return so we may better assist you.

If you have TurboTax Live Assist & Review, here is how to talk to a Tax Expert: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assi...
Graham45
Returning Member

Hi, 

I've tried four times to Netfile and have been rejected four times. This message came with the "....unable to file" portion. One or more entries in your tax return require correction. The data entered is either invalid, or mandatory information is missing. If you are unable to resolve the issues, please contact your Software Developer.

Message from the CRA:

Validation checks in Canada Revenue Agency's processing system prevent your return from being accepted for NETFILE. For you to receive all the benefits and deductions to which you are entitled and to verify our validations, the Canada Revenue Agency needs you to file a paper return and attach all pertinent slips and receipts. The Canada Revenue Agency regrets the inconvenience.

@graham - Were you successful in filing your return as of yet? If not, I would suggest you start a new return so that you can file without issues. 

TheArt

This is the message I get when attempting to NetFile.

Time attempted was 9:50 pm Pacific.

"We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return."

I checked CRA site for downtime for my time zone =  Pacific Time Zone

Arthur

Please review these two links for information on NETFILE eligibility.

Canada Revenue Agency: NETFILE eligibility

TurboTax: Why am I not eligible to file my tax return using NETFILE?

"We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return."

Tried at 6:30am from Toronto.

Kycung

I am unable to file my tax return via netfile.  

linda0054
Returning Member

I have the same issue - I have tried 4 times including redoing the whole return from scratch!! Had no problem completing 2 other returns same night??

I have done this tax return every year without any issues?  Nothing has changed it is for my son.