Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conlind

Why do they say my CRA account is locked I tried sending it

24 Replies

For security reasons, CRA's NETFILE service will lock your account if you attempt to file and fail 5 times.

You need to call the CRA and ask them to unlock your account.

Then, when you sign back into TurboTax and try to submit to NETFILE again, make note of the error you get.

You'll need to resolve that error before trying to file again or you'll end up with a locked account again.

I contacted CRA and they advised me that this lock out is a Turbo tax issue not CRA. I spent 45 minutes waiting for them to answer and I am still able to log onto my account with CRA. So it is not locked on their end. 

this is a Turbo tax issue. 

As well there is still no  fix to the 90308 error that I am getting. 

If you are locked out and CRA says that you are not locked out from their end, please give it time and it should unlock.

As per CRA:

CRA NetFile Error code 90308 - 

One of the following situations applies to your client’s return:

1. The province or territory of residence is not Quebec:
    1. Line 22215 (deduction for CPP/QPP enhanced contributions on employment income) plus line 30800 (CPP contributions) plus line 44800 (CPP overpayment) must equal line 50340 for actual total contributions on CPP pensionable earnings.
    2. There is an entry on line 30800 but no entry on line 50340.
    3. No entry on line 30800 or on line 50310 for QPP contributions but the total contributions from box 16 and/or box 17 on the T4 slips do not equal line 44800 for CPP overpayment.
  2. The province of residence is Quebec:
    1. Enter the CPP contributions on line 50310 instead of online 30800. Enter online 50340 the actual CPP total contributions withheld and on line 50330 the actual QPP contributions withheld.
Mmhassan

My CRA account is locked I need to unlock my account 

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If the online "My Account" service is locked, you will need to contact CRA to unlock your account 1800-9598281

If you are trying to Neffile and you receive an error,  please refer to the previous solution.

If you still have issues after following this process, please contact our support line:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful

I just waited 3 hours to talk to CRA, and they told me that netfiling is an issue with turbo tax and that told me to contact your support. I called your support who tells me to call cra. my account is locked out now but I can netfile future tax returns, just not my 2015. 

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Please refer to the CRA website which states that you cannot Netfile 2015 because of their restriction, not TurboTax:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview/...

I hope this was helpful 

Trying to log in to my cra my account 5x forgot my password now is locked 

The Canada Revenu Agency will be the one to help you with your CRA account. Here is their link to go to for help with this situation.

CRA user ID and password Help and FAQs