Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjjbbb

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

I've contacted turbo tech support and it turned out that this is a system bug that occurred to some users. It has nothing to do with your computer or any versions of products you are using. Unfortunately you have to key in all tax info manually:(

MM129

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

It's March 30. I am trying to use the online version on your website. I cannot autofill my slips, which is the only reason I am using your software. Grateful for a solution. 

@MM129 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Don`t hold your breath.  It will be faster to key in the data than to waste your time trying to contact someone who feeds you false information.  I wasted mine.  Please save yours.  Turbotax will be losing a lot of customers on this one.

woggie1234
Returning Member

send me a copy turbo Tax 2022 Glen McCuskey sin [removed] and Doraine McCluskey SIN [removed]

I’m shocked that Intuit support is this bad. I figured out I could open my 2021 file (via file, open, drop down to select previous .tt21 file) to import/ transfer all data from last year to save a lot of time. First run through brought me to this forum and I was very disappointed with lack of support to have to figure out their product for them. I don’t work for Intuit but perhaps should… hope this helps others as that why we came here in the first place…

@woggie1234 Sorry, we have no access to you returns. This TurboTax FAQ has info on how to find your TurboTax Online returns: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/importing-transfering/help/why-can-t-i-find-my-turbot...

@gharshenin If you are still not able to see the option to transfer your info, you can try uninstalling & reinstall it using the download on our website here:  Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608. 

That is not an acceptable response from their tech support.

I paid for TurboTax 2022 Premier version. If this is not resolved and I have input my data, I will be looking into other software.  Based on what I've reading, I don't think I am alone - several writer have expressed the same thoughts. 

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.