Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james32

Enter your prepayment or activation code here and click "Apply Rebate" to apply against your balance. I bot the CD versan at a store. How do i get a activation code?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Enter your prepayment or activation code here and click "Apply Rebate" to apply against your balance. I bot the CD versan at a store. How do i get a activation code?

Hi, if you purchased TurboTax at a retail store that comes with a CD in the box, then you've purchased a desktop version of the software. This needs to be installed via the CD or via download. It sounds, based on your question above,  like you are using the online version, which is different. 

The difference between the product types are here: 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3448448

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Hi, if you purchased TurboTax at a retail store that comes with a CD in the box, then you've purchased a desktop version of the software. This needs to be installed via the CD or via download. It sounds, based on your question above,  like you are using the online version, which is different. 

The difference between the product types are here: 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3448448

Diane MacLennan
Returning Member

[phone number removed]9585

L78

Where do I enter activation code so that I can start returns?

TurboTax Online will only ask for a 11 character payment code when you are ready to file or print. But, if you would like to use it right away, then this FAQ shows you how: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/in-the-online-edition-of-tur...

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, it will ask you for your 21 character installation key when you start the program for the first time. Then you’ll have the option of activating the program online or by phone.

If you are using the U.S. version of TurboTax, this is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit: https://ttlc.intuit.com/

In TurboTax Online, there is no need to add your prepaid code until you are ready to file or print your return. After reviewing your return, the area to insert your activation code will come up.

For more information, please see the link below:

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code?

Robn1397

Gentlemen, used your latest and greatest online standard product. All went well until I felt I needed some Assist and Review help. Getting trough the process I changed my mind and toggled the cancel It. I could not get it to work nor could I back up to that point...your system cleverly makes it difficult or possibly even impossible.

I’m a senior and my income is below your threshold for a free CRA filing. I didn’t use the service as I’m sure you can see; it has been an exercise in frustration!

Could you please restore my faith in your product and your company. I don’t want to be shuffled from person to person. A single email saying we’ve got your note, we’ve corrected the error would be terrific. You should be able to find all the information from your Transaction number T999738142 and user name Robn1397.

Respectfully

Robert Nuttall

@Robn1397

Can you please reach out to us directly and provide some more details that we do not want to share in this public forum? You can reach out to us in one of our Social Channels to discuss this, thanks

I have an activation code for TurboTax on line and is not working, what can I do ?

Can you please send us a PM on Facebook so that we could help.