Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james152

Enter your prepayment or activation code here and click "Apply Rebate" to apply against your balance. I bot the CD versan at a store. How do i get a activation code?

how do i find my return.? it did not put a shortcut on the desktop. 

Enter your prepayment or activation code here and click "Apply Rebate" to apply against your balance. I bot the CD versan at a store. How do i get a activation code?

We can certainly do our best to help you locate it.

If you used our TurboTax Online - you will need to sign back into your Online Account using the same credentials you used to complete your return. Please follow this next TurboTax FAQ link to answer a few questions:   Why can't I find my return?    

You can also follow this TurboTax FAQ if needed: Where do I find a copy of my filed return in TurboTax Online? 

If you used TurboTax CD/Download, please follow this next link. I'm using TurboTax CD/download edition but can't find the file on my computer that contains my tax ... 

Thank you for using TurboTax.

How do I get my activation code to work so that I can start my tax return.  I have prepaid for the Premier Online Edition.  

the 16 digit activation code supplied does not work

@mallgorn123

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The Activation codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download (which uses licence codes) & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came inside the package. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2022 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

woodsy51

I have correctly put in the activation code but it keeps telling me its wrong

Does the store where I bought it  from have to do something> 

Please make sure you are including the hyphens. Whether you are using our TurboTax Online or CD/Download version, please follow the link below relating to your version of choice to receive the guidance you need.

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code?

Understanding your TurboTax product licence code

Thank you for using TurboTax.

SPD1

I BOUGHT THE DELUXE ON LINE EDITION, THE ACTIVATION CODE DOES NOT WORK IT SAYS TRY AGAIN. I HAVE TRIED THE 16 DIGIT CODE SEVERAL TIMES AND IT THE SAME PROBLEM. I HAVE USED TURBO CD FOR YEARS WITH NO PROBLEM, THOUGHT I WOULD GO WITH NEW TECH. NEVER AGAIN CAN YOU GIVE ME A SOLUTION OR A REBATE. THANKS

@SPD1 Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for assistance with this issue. They are open Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM ET.

peterbeca

Where do I enter the activation code for the deluxe online edition.