Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use TurboTax on a Mac

Hello,  I recently purchased a MAC.  I had previously purchased the TurboTax Standard product with CD and download option.  I seem to be having difficulty figuring out how to get this going on my new computer.  I expect there is a way to get the 8 return limit on a MAC?  It referenced using an online version but that looks like it charges you for each individual return you submit.  I do 6 returns typically.  Can you tell me how to do this?

8 Replies

Unfortunately, we don’t have a downloadable version available for MAC OS. For people who don’t have a Windows computer, we have TurboTax Online, which will work on almost anything that has a modern browser. We also have an app for iOS in Apple’s app store. However, the code for TurboTax CD/Download will not work with these products. 

You can file up to 20 returns per account per tax year. Here's how to add a new return in TurboTax Online. You pay for a return when you're ready to file.

You can use the form on this FAQ to request a refund: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Wow,  that seems very short-sighted.

Thank you for your feedback. Please complete the refund form, so that you can purchase the TurboTax Online. 

I have the same question as the one you responded to and I notice that you did not fully answer the question posed.  Do Mac users have to pay by return ($21 per return) or its there an ability to get a an 8 return package for a discounted price similar to PC users?  

@Cookiemonster71 

3rd party retailers such as Costco, Walmart, Staples and others sell multi-return packages for Turbo Tax Online.

And while we only support TurboTax CD/Download on Windows 10 & 11 PCs,, there are ways to get Windows software running on MacOS computers.

Lorfoot

I recently moved to a Mac computer and find myself in the same "no download" boat.  Workaround--Mac users can install a trial of Parallels software to "run Windows on a Mac". Not ideal, but it's an option if you've purchased the TurboTax box. 

Paula60

What I find hard to understand is why TurboTax will not offer the same package on a Mac as it does on a PC.

Why do I have to pay $180 for 20 returns when I only need 5?  IS IT HARDER TO OFFER A ONLINE FAMILY PACKAGE FOR $40 FOR 8 RETURNS.  YOU DO IT FOR 20 RETURNS.    With the PC you can download a version for $40 for 8 returns. 

You can see that we do offer our TurboTax software at retailers which includes multiple Online returns. 

We understand and hear our customers when asking about having a Desktop version of TurboTax Canada, we are hoping that in the future this will be available.