Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting “opps, we encountered an error” when trying input self employment income section. Please help?

6 Replies

I keep getting “opps, we encountered an error” when trying input self employment income section. Please help?

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team for more help.

I tried both (used different browser and also cleared cache) and it still gives me error message. I called for help and they mentioned I would get an email and nothing yet. Can you advise?

I have switched to a different browser. I have also cleared my caches.

I have called the help desk twice. First women told me that turbo tax will contact or email me and they did not. The second time the gentleman told me to erase my entire return and start fresh, which I did and still gives me an error.  So many hours wasted. Is anyone willing to figure this out? Can you please help??  

Can you please confirm with us which TurboTax software and version you are using? Are you using Online or CD/Download?

Are you stuck on the error page or can you click on a Back or Continue button? 

This information is required so we can possibly replicate the error message you are receiving so we can find the resolution.

I am using the online edition to do my 2021 taxes.

The error is "Oops we encountered an error. What happened to my data? Don't worry! With the exception of the last page you were on, all the data you have entered so far has been safely saved on our secure server. What do I do now?Try going back to the start of the interview and navigating past the step where you encountered the error.You can also go to the Return Manager and select a new return to work on."

This error page occurs when I proceed after the page "Did you make a Year-End adjustment"  (Were you required to make an adjustment using a T1139 form?)  in the self employment business section. 

I can not go back. I have to return to the menu. 

Thanks.

Thank you for the information. We will use it to see if we can recreate the error and work on correcting this for you. We will update you as soon as we have any information.

We appreciate your patience.