Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Refund on Review Charges

I elected to use the $69.99 review and assist package. I see ted my allocated time for an appointment and i got my phone call which lasted all of 1 minute as i could barely understand my "tax expert". He then hung up on me and i didn't receive a call back. I proceeded to file the tax return myself with no help from the expert and I would very much appreciate a full refund on the $69.99 package as it was a very poor excuse for a service. 

Thankyou 

11 Replies

Refund on Review Charges

If you are dissatisfied and feel you were overcharged for this service, reach out to us directly with more details so we can look further into this matter for you.

You can reach out to us via private message on one of our social network channels.

Facebook/Messenger Private Message or 

Twitter Direct Message

Peetza99

Refund on Review Charges

Hi, I clicked a pop up screen on Turbo Tax that said it was a free review, now Iā€™m being charged $69.99 for my taxes and $69.99 for my husbands. I file our taxes together as 1. The review was going over my summaries thatā€™s it. He was great but it wasnā€™t helping with anything... why did it pop up as free?? I donā€™t agree with the charges

Peetza99

Refund on Review Charges

I had a question about Northern Living Allowance, I asked the in the free pop up help button, a turbo tax employee called me, by then I had it solved, they went over my summaries. Mine and my husbandā€™s in which I file together and now Iā€™m being charged $69.99 each for it. That is not what I had asked for

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Refund on Review Charges

In the pop up help button there are three options:

If you choose the top two options > you get the free services

If you choose the bottom option for the TurboTax Upgrade > you will get a new window:

This option is for a fee > and you must confirm the add on of the upgrade before you get the service.

Unfortunately, we don't refund this service once it has been used. 

I hope this was helpful

1polly3550
Returning Member

Refund on Review Charges

I have only paid 19.99 for each of us on other years so why am I being charged 69.99 per person this tear

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Refund on Review Charges

The $19.99 is the standard premier price > the $69.99 is the upgraded feature for the Tax expert review.

If you file returns together > when you add this feature it is added to both returns because you file together> you will have to confirm the upgrade before the feature is added as mentioned in the previous reply.

I hope this was helpful

1polly3550
Returning Member

Refund on Review Charges

I did not want the premier tax pkg how do I get out of that pkg we are seniors with simple income tax do I HAVE TO REFILE 

Refund on Review Charges

We're sorry to hear you are having this issue. To help you we will need more information. Therefore, could you please meet us by private message on Facebook or Twitter to see how we can help you further?

Peetza99

Refund on Review Charges

I did choose the free option of a call back, that is an obvious pop up for the charge so Iā€™m not sure how that came to be.