Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevensjc

TurboTax 2023 install

Destination for install files for TurboTax 2023 is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax 2022', won't this overwrite last year's edition of TurboTax, rendering it useless? I can't change the hard coded destination.

31 Replies

TurboTax 2023 install

Either you purchased 2022 by mistake, or TurboTax 2023 that you purchased did not download. Check that first. 

If TurboTax 2023 that you purchased did not install, deactivate your firewall, spyware and antivirus to download and install TurboTax 2023. Reactivate these functions after.

If you are still having issues, let us know which version of  TurboTax 2023 you purchased.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

JRMCV
Returning Member

TurboTax 2023 install

After about 3 hours of my time over 2 days including working on the phone with TT support and including numerous TT exe installs, uninstalls, pc reboots, wifi reboots, the problem is with the software.  The pattern now is TT installs and activated.  After launching TT it comes up normally and shows the normal voluntary registration window .  At this point I closed TT and restarted TT.  It then comes up with the message cannot connect to internet and provides 2 bullet points.  I close this and restarted TT.  It launches normally and shows the normal voluntary registration window.  AGAIN, at this point, I close TT and relaunch it and AGAIN comes up with the message cannot connect to internet and provides 2 bullet points.  This pattern appeared FIVE TIMES while Viktor from TT support was on the phone with me.  I cannot spend more time helping TT on this matter.  PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

TurboTax 2023 install

You can choose not to register now and it will continue. You do not need to register the software to use it.

Try again and do not close it this time. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

JRMCV
Returning Member

TurboTax 2023 install

Sorry, I posted to wrong topic

TurboTax 2023 install

I bought Turbotax Premier 2023.  When I go to install it, everything looks as normal until I get to the Turbo Tax 2022 - InstallShield Wizard which is incorrect and the directory indicates it will likely adjust or overwrite my previous version.  This appears to be some kind of manufacturing error.  I would like to get a new disk sent to me.Turbotax 2023 Premier Issue.png

TurboTax 2023 install

Before you apply for a refund, could you please contact our telephone team as they can view your screen and direct you. You can use our Contact Us link to call the telephone number as indicated. 

Unfortunately, because this product was bought from another retailer, you would either need to return it to the store or follow this link and choose From another retailer in the form to apply for a refund if needed: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TurboTax 2023 install

In addition to my previous post, here is some additional information on the box which may help identify some issues with the manufacturing.  It was purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I phoned Turbotax and the expert I talked with was Amanda (if my memory is correct) - had me download the software with the following link https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/install

I was then able to use the license code which came with the defective disk and installation looks complete.

She said she would pass this on to some other teams to investigate

IMG_2455.jpg

TurboTax 2023 install

@Jack_1 Thanks for your very detailed explanation of the problem with installation!! I bought Turbotax Standard 2023 at Costco recently. I just tried to install from the CD and I see EXACTLY the same behaviour.  The default install location is the TT2022 folder and it wants to overwrite the 2022 installation. Obviously there is a problem with the installer. In using TurboTax (nee QuickTax) for over 10 years, this has never happened to me before, the installation is usually smooth. 

To Intuit: you  should be proactive to address this problem by recalling and replacing the defective CDs. Don't just say "download the software".  If I planned to download, I would have bought the download version at the outset.  There is a reason I purchased the CD.  

TurboTax 2023 install

I too have had the exact same issue with the CD purchased at Costco.
I contacted TS over the phone, and they offered no solutions (other than too D/L the version from their website). I bought the CD as I prefer to have the CD version as I have with this software ever since it was Quicktax...
Other posts on this site also said just D/L the version. No one seems to be addressing the fact that they released a whole bunch of CD's with the incorrect install coding...(they told me they don't have CDs to send out)
No more quality control at Intuit? What a shame for (what used to be) such a quality product...
Do I need to look elsewhere going forward?