Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax keeps asking for activation code

I recently purchased TurboTax 2021.

Every time I launch the program, it asks me for the activation code, and for the first few times it activated successfully each time.

Today it asked me for the activation code again, but when I entered my code, it said that all the activation attempts had been used up.

Why does it keep asking for activation, and how can I get my code to work now, please?

6 Replies

Please try reinstalling the program using the download from our website. It will not delete any of your saved returns.

This TurboTax FAQ tells you how to install TurboTax CD/Download: How do I install TurboTax for the current tax year after I download it from the Internet?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team for more help.

person7
Returning Member

Hello,

I installed TurboTax 2022 and I activated 6 weeks ago.

I have not used it much since.

I started TurboTax 2022 only 4-5 times since it was activated and it was working just fine.

Recently after installing TurboTax 2022 update , TurboTax requested again Activation code. I provided it and everything was OK.

But I'm wondering why is this happening?

I launched also TurboTax 2021 to consult my last tax return.

TurboTax 2021 has been installed and activated on my PC long time ago. I have used it without any issues.

Surprisingly, this time TurboTax 2021 also asked me to provide activation code. I have not installed any TurboTax 2021 updates, so I'm wondering why is this happening.

I've been using TurboTax for a very long time and this is the first time 2 different versions (2022 and 2021) of the software are asking for re-activation.

Is activation request a TurboTax bug?

If so, how it can be fixed?

Thank you!

@person7 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

person7
Returning Member

hello,

here is an update:

I have TurboTax 2022, TurboTax 2021,TurboTax 2020 and TurboTax 2019 installed on my PC.

I launched TurboTax 2020 (which i have not used for 2 years) and I got a message asking me to re-activate the product.

When i entered the activation code, I got an error message:

"All available activations for that code have been used.Error code: 603"

I launched also TurboTax 2019 - it started without any problems.

So, what's wrong with those 3 versions of the software:

TurboTax 2022, TurboTax 2021m TurboTax 2020 ?

Why they started asking for activation code?

Does the TurboTax 2022 upgrade introduced a bug in all 3 TurboTax versions?

Why I cannot activate TurboTax 2020?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

person7
Returning Member

Hello,

I called the support on the number below: 

[phone number removed]

I was told to wait couple of days and then try again.

I launched again today all 4 TurboTax products I have on my PC: TT2022, 2021, 2020, 2019

Only TurboTax 2020 keeps asking for activation code.

It does not accept the activation code I provide.

It displays an error message:"All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603"

What should I do to make TurboTax 2020 work again?

And why is this happening?

Turbotax 2020 has been activated long time ago, I have used it many times, was able to submit my tax return.

Why is asking for activation again now?

I guess this is a bug and TurboTax should help me to fix it!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, if you are getting "Error code: 603", then you will need to contact phone support, as we can't reset codes or issue new ones here.