Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
germainlalonde
Returning Member

MY LICENSE CODE DOESN'T WORK?

17 Replies

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Please follow the steps below.

First, go to https://shop.app.intuit.ca/activate?rootProfile=ca&locale=en-ca

Then go to How do I log in to my TurboTax Online account?

If more help is needed, we will need more information.  Please contact us on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

17bernpat
Returning Member

I purchased 2020 turbotax standard from Shoppers Drugmart.

I used the turbotax  website to activate the purchase. 

It does not accept the 16 digit code in the carton.

I retyped the code 3 times. I am getting the following message.

"Something's not right, try re-entering your code."

Please help to activate the purchase.

Can I talk to a live customer support person to help me activate the purchase

I am having the exact same problem.  I will post IF I get a solution from Customer Service.

Licence code not working, and can not find a phone number to talk to someone 

I bought the Turbotax Standard program at Shopper's Drug Mart. I created an account and user ID but I can't complete activation because the license code keeps being rejected.  The message   "Something's not right, try

re-entering your code"  keeps coming up.  I am entering it accurately.  As I don't use Twitter or Facebook, I am unable to contact your Customer Service.  This has not happened any of the other years I have bought the program but after this, I doubt I'll ever buy it again.  Money wasted!

Kennie

Yep, complete waste of time and money thanks for nothing!!!!!!! 

deano6711

had the same problem! it doesnt recognize code so i cant download product.. the code is clear as can be.. total waste of money and time!

marcgvilleneuve
Returning Member

I downloaded the paid version and my license code is invalid.  It take forever to navigate the site to get the corrected code.  NOT AMMUSED

@marcgvilleneuve

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2021 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608