Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our TurboTax application has stopped working properly. It rarely happens; we're sorry it happened when you were using it.

24 Replies

Our TurboTax application has stopped working properly. It rarely happens; we're sorry it happened when you were using it.

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser), and try again. This FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-clear-my-cache-browsing-hist...

If you need more assistance with this issue, please contact us by phone. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/. After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

umali5

I tried to call. Quoted my Incident #. Was told by the automated recording that wait time would be between 20-25 minutes. I was already waiting for 27 mins, listening to jazz music, and when the music stopped, I thought I could finally speak to an agent. But no, the line got disconnected!!! I tried again but wait time would be 30 mins so I hang up. Can't waste another 30 mins for nothing. This is really frustrating. Is there a better time to call?

Hello_KT
Returning Member

I’m having the same problem in 2023 for 2022 tax filing using the online version. I was just wondering how did you manage to solve this issue? Thanks a lot 🙂
lyd018

Having the same problem in April 2024. How to fix this. Really frustrating. Cleared cache, tried with different browser, different device... agent last night said maybe my file is corrupted, Two days of work and over an hour on the phone with an agent.. gone. 

Please try using our link 2023 TurboTax Online with Google Chrome. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

lyd018

Tried. Same issue. I am able to log in to where I see the return I worked on. When I click on it, the page starts to load then goes to the "application not working page." The same happens if I copy it and try to open it. Same thing on my phone. 

Are you using the app or the full Online software? Do you have any pop up blockers set up that could be turned off?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

lyd018

web version. Popups enabled. I was able to access it yesterday fine until yesterday evening. 

Now to find out what happened since then.... Could you start the steps over from the beginning?

1. Make sure there is no pop up blockers set up.
  2. Turn off virus protectors.
  3. Clear cache/cookies on Google Chrome.
  4. Sign out of account.
  5. Restart computer.
  6. Use Google Chrome.
  7. Use our 2023 TurboTax Online link.

Thank you for your patience.