Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rejected my prepayment code for a return on another account

5 Replies

If you have the 8 return TurboTax Standard Online code, all the returns must be in the same account. The code won't work on different accounts.

mptray

This was the email from Turbo Tax, here is my case #[social security number removed]

Dear Greg,

Thank you for contacting TurboTax Help and Support. 

Your new Turbotax payment code is [phone number removed]

We would like to make sure that your case has been completely resolved for you. Should you need to contact us again about this, you may use [social security number removed] as the incident number.

You may receive a survey from us through e-mail in approximately 24 hours asking you about my performance on today's contact, as well as comments you may have in regards to the TurboTax product. So we can continue with our promise to provide our customers with the best support available, please take a few minutes to complete the survey.

Thank you,

Daniel

And the code does not work again. Here is my reply

Hi Daniel

After our lengthy conversation about my new code that was given to me for the Standard Online Version for 8 returns, the code given didn’t work on either the PC or the MAC. I have now grown to be very frustrated and would like this rectified immediately. Please reply to the email with a new code that WILL WORK! and let me know for which computer the code works for and as I mentioned even if this is to give me 7 more codes instead of one master code. This is not acceptable at this stage and I have now spent too much time for something that should not have been an issue.

Please let me know the outcome. I’d like to file these on Sunday night. I would appreciate a response by then.

Thank you for your time

Greg Plante

Can you please reach out to us in private chat so that we can assist you. You can contact us in private on Facebook or Twitter, Thank you.

what do you mean about the same account

When using TurboTax software, you are required to create an account using your email address and password. Whenever you file your taxes you use this same account to do so. The activation codes for more than one return are to be used in the account presented to purchase the code only. The code is for one account but can be used for multiple returns but not with other accounts/emails. For further information please see our TurboTax FAQs.

What can I do if I'm having issues with my TurboTax Online activation?

In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

Thank you for using TurboTax.