Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luiscantu

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Hello, I am getting the following error with this message from CRA.

"One or more entries in your tax return require correction. The data entered is either invalid, or mandatory information is missing. If you are unable to resolve the issues, please contact your Software Developer."

I already paid, how can I move forward my filing through NETFILE?

Thanks,

Luis

6 Replies

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

You can't move forward since the TurboTax software advised that there were errors that needed to be fixed before Filing your return. You will need to go back to the beginning of your return and verify that your personal information was all entered correctly. You can't leave anything blank when they are asking questions you must answer but clicking "yes" or "no". 

If you aren't sure what the issue might be once you verified, please contact our customer service for assistance. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

I am the one who is sorry. I phone  and was told the waiting time was between 1:30 and 2 hours. After waiting 1:28 , it sounds like someone took my call but immediately the line got cut. Extremely disappointed and frustrated. I believe the person who took my gall made an error when answering.

Now to my inquiry. My own tax return was accepted but my wife's was rejected by CRA. No specific reason was given. I tried to go back to see if I made and error but there was not way to go back, absolutely no way. It told be to retry but could only do it 5 times.

I finally mailed the return. Please tell me how I was able to check when I could not backtrack .

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

CRA is the one who gives the 5 attempts on Netfiling errors then blocks the terminal. It could be as simple as a spelling mistake in the name or address. If the information provided doesn't match or if this is the first time to file a return to CRA you will not be able to Netfile.

Unfortunately, without knowing the reason form CRA, we cannot diagnose the issue.

I hope this was helpful.

Marilyn Faso
Returning Member

so I should check my figures and entries on the return?

If you get that message there is a reason on your return for them not to accept it. Did you have any change in your status? Is this your first Canadian return?

Why am I not eligible to file my tax return:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/federal-taxes-netfile/help/why-am-i-not-eligible-to-f...

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/errors-confirmation-messages/help/how-do-i-remove-ove...

cannot go back to start over