Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User418

Activation Code Not Working

i thought I had done the activation but the symbol never appeared on my screen. i was never offered the ordinary way start my taxes. i can not use the activation code again. lets say I am all messed up and don't know what todo. i have used this tax method for many years... but now I am 80 years old

We can help you with this. Whether you are using our TurboTax Online or CD/Download version, please follow the link below relating to your version of choice to receive the guidance you need.

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code?

Understanding your TurboTax product license code for TurboTax Desktop/Download.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Stephcards
Returning Member

Hi, I am using a MAC for my Online Turbotax. Using Chrome given that Safari had caused me issues in the pass. I purchased the package at Costco. Yes it is the right one. At the end of my tax report, I entered the code as requested (and as I did it in the 7 previous years) and the code is not working. Going through the activation process is also useless as I keep going in circle.

Please do not refer me to your automate system.

Your advice?

When you enter your code on the payment page under coupon code- if this doesn't work- can you please verify that the TurboTax you purchased is the one that is listed on the payment page?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Muzz7652

I have entered my activation code for my online Deluxe Edition and it is not working.

@Muzz7652 Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

SonjaDirnberger
Returning Member

I bought Intuit Turbotax Premier at Staples. There is a "License Code" on a slip of paper.

I have tried to download on-line and also tried to download using the enclosed CD  but I am not getting a request for an "Activation Code".  

When I go on line at Turbotax and attempt to activate using the drop down "File Myself"  "Activate Your Product" (both incognito or not)  and put in the License Number in the  "Review and Activate Your Purchase" box, I get a red error message "Something's not right, try re-entering your code".  But it does not work.

Why am I not getting a request to add the Code at download?  What is the troubleshooting correction for this fault?

@SonjaDirnberger 

The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

SonjaDirnberger
Returning Member

I reviewed your note and actually had done everything you suggested already, including calling the helpdesk. Although the young lady tried, the connection was terrible and she had absolutely no idea how to resolve the situation.

In the end I uninstalled everything and uploaded the CD again.  This time it worked.

The issue is that if a person has a CD disk, the "Licence Code" will ONLY work with the CD it will not work if one tries to download from on-line - which I tried first.  This is important information which is NOT provided on the box or on line which makes it look as if it's an either/or situation where either options work.

I have purchased the self employed turbotax from Costco Wholesale in Feberuary 2024. When I tried to activate the a/c with the activation code shown on the BlueActivation card, I was turned down. It told me that something is wrong. The activation code is not accepted. What should I do?